Monday, October 22, 2007
33 down - 15 to go
Predictions for the rest of Bush's term:
- We will not go to war with Iran.
- FY 2007's deficit will be the lowest for many years to come (% GDP).
- The Dems will continue to fund Iraq with minimal strings attached.
- FISA will be extended with minimal modifications when the 6 months runs out.
- Gitmo will not complete a single trial, but some more plea bargains/arrangements will be worked out with some of the prisoners.
- Latest AG nominee will be approved.
Guess that covers the biggies.
For the 2008 election, the choice is vote GOP to keep 100,000 troops in Iraq vs. vote Dem to keep 50,000 troops in Iraq. The evil of two lessors.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Friday Night Cocktail Blogging
Swiss cheese sandwiches with veggie turkey & white truffle olive oil. Rusty nails & vodka complement well.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
friday night wine blogging - permanent return edition
BODEGAS CASA DE LA ERMITA Jumilla 2001 (88 points, $11)
Here's a fine value from Spain, made from a blend of Monastrell (Mourvèdre), Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo. Rich, offering ripe plum, coffee, chocolate and mineral flavors in a well-integrated package. Thick, with firm, round tannins, traditional flavors and international structure. Drink now through 2010 while still pungent, fruity, and somewhat astringent
perfect for the post-nursing era