Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy to see Lieberman lose

When Kos first started supporting Lamont, I thought it was just one more quixotic struggle & one more futile loss for the left, but my hat's off to the netroots for making this victory happen - Lamont's $$$ on their own would not have been enough. It's the accumulation of items that makes me (and others on the left) happy that Joe has been defeated - the hawkish support for the war, the Op-Ed in the Wall Street Journal, the hug, the sanctimoniousness, the pigheadedness. And now of course his desire to run as an independent.

Well best to turn it over to a netrooter who earned the right to a victory lap:

11:03pm: Lieberman has taken the podium. UGH!! He just called it "a much closer race than the pundits were predicting"?!

Oh, fuck this guy. He's bloviating about how this is just the end of the "first half".

He's announcing his independent run. And we're just going to have to kick his ass again. The arrogance! The delusional dickweed!

Shit. Somebody just sloshed beer on my keyboard.

11:08pm: I'm in a room with a bunch of very angry people right now. And my keyboard isn't responding properly now that it's soaked in beer. Someone in the room just said, "This is like watching your old uncle soil himself!"

That was the longest concession speech I've ever heard. I can only hope that someone from the national party will pull the plug on him.

Gotta walk away from the computer. I'm ready to punch somebody.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?