Sunday, July 02, 2006

Updated gift card list

Too bad blogger doesn't change the date when you want a full update to a previous posting.


Update: Just came across this album while listening to her on the Loft - made me a believer in satellite radio.

Next update: Should add a Nina Simone to get me out of my classical rut. Before Sunrise's use of her music for its ending (ranks up in the top 10 all time endings) was my true introduction to her. Also thought I needed some Mendelssohn for my collection & today's WSJ mentioned his Octet in E-Flat as a masterpiece.

Next next update: Johann Sebastian Bach: Passacaglia and Fugue in c, BWV 582
Czech Philharmonic / Leopold Stokowski. Just played on KUSC & really caught my ear. Typical of Bach, but still extraordinary music - immediately recognizable as a Johann composition.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?