Thursday, July 21, 2005

Still feeling wistful about the reunion

First it was too many painful memories bubbling to the surface. Now it's thinking about how much I enjoyed the company of a couple of folks last weekend that I either, never spoke to until after college graduation, or only recall asking some foolish questions as a freshman & then never talking to again in the almost 4 years I was there. Makes me feel like so many lost opportunities in my lifetime.

I had the wish that I could replay the entire 3 day reunion, only this time meet with different folks since I didn't have enough time to spend with all the folks that I enjoyed, or might have enjoyed.

Wonder if it's just my class that stays so close (at least 50% turnout for the reunion vs. 10% for the Ginger Haired Yank's or my sister's class at the same school had a 10 year reunion & that was it). For some odd reason, my class had at least ½ dozen dedicated alumni so they were ran the alumni association & were able to keep contact with enough of us. Guess it helps being a fairly small class (~100) & being a magnet school, so there's a certain cachet associated with my alma mater, but some odd confluence helped.

Well already looking forward to the 50th birthday party in 2 years & this time I'll study my yearbook in advance so will remember folks better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?