Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Knees on the mend

ugly lookin' nobs

It is amazing how minimally invasive surgery has advanced. Only 2 tiny cuts needed to access my meniscus & cut it out. If I had better tools & a server, I'd link the video from the doctor to this site so you could watch my meniscii being cut.

The other amazing aspect is the recovery time:

I can hobble around without the cane for short periods now as long as I wear my knee brace & I haven't even started official physical therapy yet (I have the exercises memorized so have started the quad exercises on my own, but no E-stim or ultra-sound).

Don't know if other eras were so negative - focus on the mess of healthcare, but rarely discussing the incredible medical advances that have occurred in a relatively short time.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?